Join the NMRT Online Programs Committee for a webinar!
Date: March 3, 2020
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. (Eastern)
This moderated panel will discuss Career Planning for Early Career Librarians. Panelists will share how they personally navigated through career planning, imposter syndrome, professional networking, and scholarship to obtain successful career goals in the library profession. They will offer actionable tips to bring clarity to your career trajectory; whether you are new to your role or want to make changes, you can benefit from this talented panel as they share stories of initiative and gumption. Please join us on Tuesday, March 3rd @ 1PM EST/ 12PM CST!
- Participants will be able to differentiate between Early Career Librarian and Mid-level Librarian.
- Participants will be able to apply tips on career planning to their own professional careers.
- Participants will be able to identify common career challenges for early career professionals, and articulate creative solutions for overcoming or working around them.
LaQuanda T. Onyemeh, MLIS, M.Ed, Training & Consultant Partner at ProQuest, WOC+Lib Co-Founder
- Shannon Jones, MLS, MEd, AHIP, Director of Libraries Medical of South Carolina
- Laura Tadena, MLIS, Inclusive Services Consultant at the Texas State Library and Archives Commission
- Natalie Ornat, MLIS, ALA Emerging Leader. Humanities Librarian UNC- Charlotte