In the spirit of ALA’s New Members Round Table (NMRT), this award fosters active involvement in ALA through various special events at the Annual Conference. The Annual Conference Professional Development Attendance Award (formerly the Marshall Cavendish Award) is presented to two NMRT members each year. The award provides professional development and networking opportunities to NMRT members by providing a ticket to attend the event of their choice (listed below).
All ALA NMRT members who are not currently serving on the Annual Conference Professional Development Attendance Award Committee or the NMRT Executive Board are encouraged to apply.
Fill out the application which includes writing a short essay (about 250 words) telling us why you want to attend the selected event of your choice and how you feel you would benefit personally and professionally.
Applications due: April 27, 2018
Winners will be notified by: May 11, 2018
For more information, contact the committee chair, Nicole LaMoreaux at Nicole.email@example.com.
List of Eligible Events at Annual Conference
- Amelia Bloomer Project Breakfast
- Coretta Scott King Awards Breakfast
- Gala Author Tea
- International Librarians Reception
- Literary Tastes Breakfast
- Margaret A. Edwards Luncheon
- Michael L. Printz Program and Reception
- Newbery Caldecott Wilder Banquet
- ProQuest Scholarship Bash
- Stonewall Book Awards Brunch
- Any other ticketed event for which the applicant provides justification (up to $100)
Kimberly L. Redd (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2020) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Phone: (312) 280-4279
Fax: (312) 280-3256
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
All applications will be acknowledged via email. The two winners will be personally notified immediately after selection.